Build Blog with Ruby on Rails
Guide you step by step learning Ruby on Rails through building a Blog application.
What’ll you learn after complete this project?
- How to start a new Rails application?
- Understanding MVC Architecture
- Model: Active Record migration, validation, association, and query interface.
- View: Layout, Partial and Form helpers
- Controller: Actions, Strong Parameters
- Rails Routing
- Using Bootstrap in Rails application
- Active Storage component to upload Files, Images
- Install Text Editor (WYSIWYG Editor) with Action Text component
- Using useful Gems as:
- Devise gem to Authentication
- FriendlyId gem to make URL pretty.
- Kaminari gem for Pagination
- Deploy Rails application to Production
- Ruby 2.6.3
- Rails 18.104.22.168
- Database: Postgres 9.6
- Bootstrap 4.x
Table of Contents
- Introduction about Ruby on Rails
- Understanding MVC Architecture in Rails
- Request-Response Cycle in Rails application
- Create a new Rails application
- Create new Rails Controller through add Homepage to application
- Installing PostgreSQL in Ruby on Rails application
- Introduction to Active Record
- Understanding CRUD in Active Record
- Creating CRUD Post for Blog
- What is Bootstrap?
- Introduction about Asset Pipeline and Webpack
- Integrate Bootstrap in Rails through Webpack
- Using Bootstrap to make up UI for Blog
- Introduction Active Storage component
- Setup Active Storage with Amazon S3
- Upload a cover Photo for Post by using Active Storage
- Introduction about Action Text component
- Using Action Text to handle rich text content of Post
- Introducation about Devise gem
- Create new User account - Login - Logout functions by using Devise gem
- Authentication for CRUD Post.
- Introduction to FriendlyId and Kaminari gem
- How to use FriendlyId to make URL pretty and improve SEO
- Using Kaminari gem to paginate Posts